Southwestern Quiche

Well, this isn't exactly a quiche, but I don't know what it's real name is so I just made that up :-). My friend McKell's baby shower was this past weekend and I brought this dish to it. My mom makes it often whenever our family has a brunch and I LOVE it! This was my first time making it and I thought I'd pass along the recipe.

Ingredients:
1 bag OreIda frozen hashbrowns (the bag is 30 oz. I think)
1/2 c. butter, melted (I cut in half and it's still good, although it is better with all the butter :-)
2 c. diced ham (I used a little less and I just use ham lunchmeat)
4 oz. Jack cheese, shredded
4 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded
4 eggs
1 c. milk
2 cans green chiles (4 oz. each)
Goya or Lawry seasoning salt

- Lightly grease a 9x13 pan and spread hashbrowns (I thawed mine first).
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Layer ham, cheeses and chiles on crust.
- Combine eggs, milk, and seasoned salt. Whip really well and pour over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Top with sour cream and salsa. Enjoy! It's delicious!

0 comments: