Creamy Italian Chicken

This recipe comes from Anna's blog - and I fell in love with it immediately! It is everything I love about a dish...creamy, great flavors, easy to make and can be served over rice! When I had Addie, one of my visiting teachers from church brought in a very similar dinner to us and I loved it too but had never gotten around to getting the recipe from her - and now I have one :-)!

Creamy Italian Chicken
Ingredients:
2 lbs of boneless/skinless chicken breasts (cut in strips)
1/4 cup of butter (melted)
8 oz. container of cream cheese with chives
(I used the 1/2 the fat stuff and then sauteed my own green onions in the melted butter)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (can use 98% FF)
1 (0.7 oz.) pkg. Italian dressing (dry mix)
1/2 cup of water
White Rice
Add-Ins: onions,mushrooms,carrots (*I did the carrots and onions because I forgot mushrooms at the store, but next time will definitely use them!*)

Directions:
Place Chicken breasts in crock pot.
Combine butter, cream cheese, mushroom soup, italian dressing mix, and water.
Stir any Add-Ins you want into the sauce.
Mix and pour over chicken.
Cook in crock pot for 6-8 hours.
Serve with Rice.

0 comments: