- 1 tube (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 t. mustard (I used honey Dijon)
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2 in. pieces
- 1 med. onion
- 1/2 c. sliced fresh mushrooms (I put extra in)
- 1/4 c. butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 c. (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/4 t. each garlic powder, dried basil, oregano, and rubbed sage (I didn't have sage and it was still tasty)
- Separate crescent dough into 8 triangles; place in an un-greased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto bottom and up the sides to form crust (I don't own a pie plate...maybe I should get one!...I used a square casserole dish and it turned out fine; you just have to be creative in putting the triangles in).
- Spread crust with mustard and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the asparagus, onion and mushrooms in butter until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in asparagus mixture. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 min. (or until knife comes out clean). Let sit 5 min. before cutting.