Mushroom Asparagus Quiche


Ingredients:
- 1 tube (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 t. mustard (I used honey Dijon)
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2 in. pieces
- 1 med. onion
- 1/2 c. sliced fresh mushrooms (I put extra in)
- 1/4 c. butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 c. (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/4 t. each garlic powder, dried basil, oregano, and rubbed sage (I didn't have sage and it was still tasty)

Directions:
- Separate crescent dough into 8 triangles; place in an un-greased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto bottom and up the sides to form crust (I don't own a pie plate...maybe I should get one!...I used a square casserole dish and it turned out fine; you just have to be creative in putting the triangles in).
- Spread crust with mustard and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the asparagus, onion and mushrooms in butter until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in asparagus mixture. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 min. (or until knife comes out clean). Let sit 5 min. before cutting.

2 comments:

McKell and John said...

Yum! My mom and I are making this tomorrow! Can't wait!

Heber and Chalonn said...

This was dinner tonight. It was delicious! If you let it set long enough it cuts perfectly and looks oh so yummy! I grew up eating a more quiche that contained more egg. This has a great texture and exquisite taste! Thanks for sharing!