Hearty Lasagna Soup

We tried this soup recipe last night and I was pleasantly surprised. It was nice and easy and pretty tasty. This one is for you Katherine - just leave out the Parmesan cheese :-)!

Hearty Lasagna Soup
Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 cans (14 oz each) Beef Broth w/ onion(I only found plain broth so I sauteed onion when cooking the beef)
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (mine had garlic and onions in it)
1/4 tsp. dried Italian seasonings, crushed
1 1/2 c. uncooked pasta (the recipe calls for mafalda or corkscrew shaped, but I used my gluten-free Penne and it turned out great too)
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
-Cook beef and garlic until beef browned. Pour off fat.
-Stir in broth, tomatoes and seasoning into skillet. Heat to Boil.
-Stir in pasta. Cook over medium heat for 10 min. or until pasta is tender.
-Stir in cheese.

It would be delicious served with some garlic bread and an Italian salad!
**My friend Serena recently posted that she tried this recipe and made a couple changes, like adding zucchini - YUM!**

0 comments: