Mom's Seven Layer Dip

My friend Sara asked me recently if I had a good 7 layer dip recipe and I realized I have never made one myself...but I sure have eaten a lot of them :-)! We were having friends over to watch the games today though so I took the opportunity to try out my mom's recipe. It was just like I remembered it...tasty! I think the big difference from hers and the typical one is the extra green chiles and cilantro and it definitely helps it stand out from the pack.

Ingredients:

1 can refried beans (I used a FF, spicy version)
1-2 cups guacamole (I made guac using 3 small avocados)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
3/4 of 1 package taco seasoning mix (I just don't like too much, but you could dump the whole thing if you want)
1 4oz can green chiles
1-2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup sliced black olives (I used less)
1-2 tomatoes, chopped

Directions:
Layer beans in a large baking dish and then spread guacamole on top.
Mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning. Spread on top of the guacamole layer.
Spread green chiles on top.
Sprinkle evenly with cheese, cilantro, green onions, olives and tomatoes.
Serve with tortilla chips.

1 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

7 layer dip is always a hit! Thanks for the reminder to make this treat soon.