Blueberry Quick Jam



This is another recipe from the Xagave cookbook I won. Blueberries were on sale recently and I thought, why not give some jam a try :-)! It was super easy and I have been enjoying peanut butter and blueberry jam toast every morning for breakfast! The agave nectar is such a healthy sweetener that this jam is super good for you!

Ingredients:
3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/4 Xagave (agave nectar)
juice from 1/2 lemon

Directions:
-Combine all ingredients and mash with a wire potato masher.
-Place in pressure cooker, bring to pressure, and cook for 4 minutes.
**If you don't have a pressure cooker (I don't), simmer in a covered sauce pan for 20 minutes.**
-Pour jam into an airtight container. Jam will store in your refrigerator for several months or follow standard canning or freezer jam procedures.

4 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Hooray!! I was hoping to run across a jam recipe with less sugar than a traditional one, using agave nectar is brilliant! Can't wait to try this one myself!

Heidi said...

YUM!!! How do you like agave nectar? I've been wanting to try it, but didn't know if I would be wasting my money.

Karen said...

This looks so good! My family always goes to one of the pick your own fruit places to get blueberries in June and this will be another fun recipe to try with all our blueberries. I love that it uses the agave instead of sugar! Thanks!

Marci said...

Heidi,
I have only made a couple different recipes using the agave, but have really liked it so far. I love that it actually has some nutritional value to it, but can still be used as a sweetener. I'm a fan!
Good luck :-).
Marci