My Favorite Breakfast

PhotobucketPhotobucket

If I could eat anything for breakfast this is what I would have! Anytime I have fresh mushrooms I HAVE to make this at least one morning...and try to limit it to only one because it isn't really that great for you :-), it just tastes GOOD!

Ingredients:
(for 1 serving, one for me anyway...it's big)
2 T olive oil
2 med potatoes, peeled, cut in half and thinly sliced
1/2 med onion, diced
1 t minced garlic
4-5 mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/4 c ham/turkey lunch meat, diced
2 eggs
shredded cheese of your choice (I like some Monterey Jack and sharp Cheddar)
a little sour cream
lots of pepper

Directions:
-Heat oil in a large skillet over med heat. Add potatoes and spread out to as many are touching the bottom of the pan as possible. Let them brown for 8 minutes, flipping over occasionally.
When potatoes are almost done add the garlic and onions. Cook about 4 minutes.
Add mushrooms and meat, continue cooking and stirring occasionally.
Push the potato mixture over to the side and then scramble the eggs on the other side.
Mix it all together, top with cheese and let it melt.
Serve with a little dallop of sour cream and lots of freshly ground pepper.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

This looks yummy! I'm going to have to try it - I love to make things like this when I have fresh mushrooms too!

Kathy said...

Looks delicious!!! I love a good hearty breakfast and this looks like it would be perfect!