Sesame Asparagus

Since asparagus is my new favorite vegetable, I was excited to try this as a side when I saw it on Favorites. It was REALLY good! I added some extra soy sauce to ours. The girls still don't want much to do with asparagus besides their required one bite, but I'm hoping eventually they'll learn to love it...I know I do!

Ingredients:

1 lb asparagus, ends snapped off
2 Tbsp dark sesame oil
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1/4 cup water

Directions:
Mix sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, sesame seeds, water, salt and pepper. Place Asparagus in a skillet and pour sauce over the asparagus. Heat to boiling. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until asparagus is tender.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I saw this on Favorites, too and it looked so yummy! Emily and I both love asparagus so I definitely want to try this one...now if I could just convert Jacob and Jason! :)

Christina said...

I'm trying this one too!!! I just picked about 2 pounds of wild asparagus!!!

Krista said...

Another yummy one! I am loving all the cheap asparagus right now...good thing you have some great recipes for it!