Chicken Cream Cheese Soup


This is another recipe from The Sister's Cafe. I'm one of those people who eats soup even when it is warm and sunny out, so despite our BEAUTIFUL spring weather, this is what we had for dinner tonight :-). I think it would be just as good as a vegetarian dish without the chicken. I also was thinking some crumbled bacon would be good on top, but we didn't have any. Enjoy :-)!

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken (breasts or combination)
1 onion, diced
1-2 Tb butter
2 handfuls baby carrots, sliced small
4-5 potatoes, diced small
1 c milk (I used 1%)
1/4 c flour (I used cornstarch)
8 oz package cream cheese (I used FF)

Directions:
1. Put chicken in pot and cover with water; boil until cooked. Take chicken out of water but keep the broth. When chicken is cool, shred.
2. Saute onion in butter. Put onion in pot and add carrots and potatoes. Add 3-4 cups of the broth or enough to cover vegetables. Add 4 bouillon cubes or 4 t soup base for flavor. Bring to a boil and simmer until veggies are tender.
3. Mix flour with milk and add to soup. Add chicken back in. Soften cream cheese in microwave then add to soup in little pieces and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper.

1 comments:

Sara Jean said...

This soup looks delish! I have a question that isn't related, though. Have you ever come across a good 7-layer dip recipe? I looked through your recipes and didn't find one. This weekend I went to a party and made 7-layer dip for it using a slight variation of this- http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/7_layer_bean_dip/- recipe and it was only so-so. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear 'em.