Potato Fish Fry

I adapted this recipe from my Southern Living Easy Weeknight Favorites cookbook. My mom gave it to me a few years ago and I have found lots of easy and tasty recipes in it. I think the best thing about fish is how fast it cooks! Love that! We all loved this recipe... The girls both LOVE fish and asked for seconds. I loved that it was crunchy and had the "fried" taste, but was still gluten-free! (I served it with Onion Rice and Sweet Braised Yams...recipes coming)

Ingredients:
2 fish fillets (we used catfish because it was on sale)
1/2 c. instant mashed potato flakes
1 T. sesame seeds
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 T. lemon juice
1 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/4 c. canola oil, divided

Directions:
-Combine potato flakes and sesame seeds in a shallow dish.
-Combine egg, lemon juice, salt and pepper in another dish.
-Dip fish in egg mixture; dredge in potato mixture.
-Heat 3 T. oil in a large skillet over med-high heat.
-Fry fish in oil 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat with second fillet.

0 comments: