Muddy Buddies

We've probably all made these before, but I'm posting this so I don't have to do a search online for the recipe every time I want to make them :-). I used to have the recipe down by memory and made them for my volleyball team when we had big games coming up in high school (and still have a scar on my foot from the burn I got when the tupperware bowl I was melting chocolate chips in melted through and scalding chocolate landed on my foot), but now that I rarely make them I can never remember how many cups of cereal, etc. Here is the official Chex recipe.

Ingredients:
9 cups Corn, Rice, Wheat or Chocolate Chex® cereal, or combination (I use corn and rice)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions:
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

1 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Yum :) I love this stuff!! Thanks for posting it - now I have a go to recipe too :) We've got a peanut allergy here so I think I'll try nutella in lieu of the peanutbutter. Thanks again for the fun kid friendly recipe!