Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream Cake


Since I have yet to plan my menu for the week and go to the grocery store, I thought I would post this HEAVENLY cake my mom brought to our SuperBowl/Birthday party Sunday. Heaven for me is chocolate, peanut butter and ice cream and this covered them all :-). I'm day dreaming about eating it again someday! (I wish I had taken better pictures that do it's magnificence justice!)

Ingredients:
* 2 T Vegetable oil
* 2/3 c Peanut butter
* 5 T Butter; melted
* 1/4 c Honey
* 1/2 gallon Vanilla ice cream
* 29 Chocolate-dipped wafer
* 1/2 c Bottled hot fudge sauce (I think my mom used her own homemade kind)
* 24 Cream-filled chocolate cookies (aka: Oreos)

Directions:
Remove ice cream from freezer 30 minutes before using.
Place chocolate sandwich cookies in food processor. Whirl until crumbed. Add butter. Whirl until combined.
Stand wafer cookies around inside edge of 9-inch springform pan.
Reserve 3/4 cup of chocolate crumb mixture. Spoon remaining crumb mixture into pan; press evenly over bottom.
Stir peanut butter, honey and oil in small dish until blended.
Place softened ice cream in large bowl. Drizzle about half of peanut butter mixture onto ice cream; fold together to swirl. Spoon half of the ice cream mixture into the prepared pan; spread level.
Sprinkle evenly with remaining chocolate cookie crumb mixture, pressing mixture down with back of spoon. Spoon on remaining ice cream; spread level.
Place the cake on a baking sheet and place in freezer.
Freeze until cake is solid, at least 6 hours or overnight.
To serve, stir fudge sauce in glass measure to loosen, but do not warm. Spoon remaining peanut butter in blobs over top of cake along with blobs of fudge topping. Swirl together with the tip of a knife.
Let stand for 10 minutes. Slice cake into wedges.

1 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

YUM!! I think I gained about 10 lbs just looking at that awesome creation LOL. Peanut butter, ice cream and chocolate, yup all bases covered :)