Blackened Chicken

I found this recipe on All Recipes. I knew I wanted Individual Potato Gratins as part of the meal and was excited to try the Baked Asparagus with Balsamic Butter Sauce so I went searching for a blackened chicken recipe that I thought would go well with them. The combination of the flavors of these 3 things hit the spot for me last night. It was just what I wanted and I LOVED every bite!

(the recipe is only for 2 chicken breasts, so plan accordingly if you have a bigger family)
Ingredients
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper (I used black pepper)
* 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
* 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes until it is smoking hot.
2. Mix together the paprika, salt, cayenne, cumin, thyme, white pepper, and onion powder. Oil the chicken breasts with cooking spray on both sides, then coat the chicken breasts evenly with the spice mixture.
3. Place the chicken in the hot pan, and cook for 1 minute. Turn, and cook 1 minute on other side. Place the breasts on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes.

1 comments:

Sook said...

Oh the chicken looks perfect!! I love simple chicken dishes like this.