Zucchini Tomato Bake

I'm making the last of my marked recipes from the Lone Star Legacy cookbook this week, so I can finally return it to my mom :-). I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this dish!!! I could have just eaten the whole thing for my meal...and nearly did. Zucchini, mushrooms, cheese, tomatoes...you can't go wrong! A delicious summertime side!

Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
4 T. butter (I used 2)
4 zucchini, sliced in rings
3 tomatoes, chopped
1/4 lb. mushrooms, sliced (I used some extra!)
1/2 t. basil
3 T. parsley, chopped
Garlic salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1/4 lb. Cheddar cheese, grated

Directions:
-Saute onion in butter until soft. Add zucchini and saute until tender.
-Add tomatoes and mushrooms. Saute briefly, then add seasonings.
-Put in 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Toss with Parmesan; top with Cheddar cheese.
-Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
(A good option for summer: saute everything longer, approx. 10 minutes. Right before serving add cheese and stir to melt.)

1 comments:

Kelly said...

mmm, was looking for something to do with a bunch of zucchini and squash I had. Didn't have fresh tomatoes so I used canned, but it was really yummy!