Cilantro Chicken

My mom posted this recipe that she saw on Holly's blog awhile back and I finally got around to trying it. You can't go wrong with cilantro and Monterrey jack cheese in my opinion! As we sat down to eat I remembered we had some leftover avocado from our rice and beans, and as we all know, avocadoes make EVERYTHING better! The flavor of the chicken was superb and only enhanced by the creaminess of the avocados. TASTY!!!

Ingredients:
2 T lime juice
2 T vegetable oil
1 T honey
4 chicken breasts
1 C finely crushed tortilla chips
16 oz. thick-n-chunky salsa (I didn't use it all)
2 T minced fresh cilantro (I used extra)
1 C shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese

Directions:

Combine lime juice, honey, and oil. Dip chicken in lime juice mixture then coat with crushed chips.
Place in ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake uncovered @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
Combine Salsa and Cilantro.
Pour over and sprinkle with Cheese, bake for 20 more minutes or until the cheese melts.

1 comments:

Kirsten said...

I made this last night and we loved it! Adam said that it can definitely be added to our general dinner rotation :)