Vegetable and Cheese Soup

Yet another yummy recipe from Lone Star Legacy...did I mention YUMMY?! I LOVED it! It was so creamy but not too heavy at the same time. (I can't get a good picture of soups!)

Ingredients:
-2 1/2 c. water (I added 2 t. chicken bouillon)
-1 c. diced, peeled potatoes (I added some extra)
-1/2 c. chopped onion
-1/2 c. finely chopped celery
-1/2 c. chopped green pepper
-1/2 c. chopped carrots (I added extra)
-seasoned salt to taste
-2 T. butter
-2 T. flour
-1 c. milk
-3/4 t. seasoned salt
-scant t. pepper
-1/4 t. dry mustard
-1 t. Worcestershire sauce
-1 c. grated American cheese (I bought a 6 oz. pack of Am. cheese slices and just tore them up)

Directions:
-In large pot, cook veggies slowly in water, adding a dash of seasoned salt. When tender, cool slightly.
-Melt butter in skillet and add flour, blending well. Cook slowly 2-3 min.
-Combine milk with 3/4 t. seasoned salt, pepper, dry mustard and Worcestershire. Blend well; then add gradually to butter-glour mixture. Cook until mixture thickens, stirring often.
-Add grated cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Add cheese mixture to veggies. Heat well but do not boil. Serve while hot.

0 comments: