Beans and Rice

After all our tasty meals in San Antonio, I was looking for something light when I was planning our menu yesterday. I saw something similar to this on a blog while searching around, but I don't remember where, and based this recipe off of that. The slices of avocado are what make this meal! Bites without it were pretty good, bites with it....HEAVENLY :-)!

Ingredients:
-1 T. olive oil
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1/2 onion, diced
-1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
-1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
-1 can Rotel (I used Mexican Lime & Cilantro b/c our store was out of original)
-1 T. cumin
-1 t. chili powder
-1 avocado, cut into chunks
-cheese to top and rice to serve over

Directions:
-Heat oil and add garlic and onion. Saute until onion is translucent.
-Add the beans and cook over low about 5 minutes.
-Add the Rotel tomatoes and the seasonings (those were estimates, I just shook them into the pot) and heat through.
-Serve over rice and top with cheese and avocado.

2 comments:

Allie said...

I think I just might make this tonight. Sounds lovely.

Kelley said...

If you ever want to make your sweet mom lunch...this is my vote!