Parmesan Breadsticks

My friend Camille emailed me some recipes to try and when I saw this I was excited because it looked so simple I thought even I could manage it! I'm not a baker and bread is especially scary to me :-)! My breadsticks may not be the most beautiful ones you've ever seen, but they tasted great and Mike and the girls were so excited to have some for a change! I will definitely be making them again and working on my breadstick formation :-)...thanks Camille!

Ingredients:
-1 1/2 T. yeast
-1 1/2 c. warm water
-3 T. sugar
-1 t. salt
-3 1/2 - 4 cups bread flour
-1/4 c. melted butter,
-1/4 c. grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
-1/8 c. mayonnaise (I used low-fat)
-garlic powder and parsley

Directions:
-Mix the first 5 ingredients together (yeast, water, sugar, salt & flour). Let rest 30 minutes.
-Spread and pat dough into greased 10x15 pan (I will try that next time instead of trying to form breadsticks on my own :-).
-Mix butter, cheese and mayo and spread on top of dough.
-Cook at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
-Sprinkle with garlic powder and parsley if desired (I used both).

1 comments:

Kelley said...

Yum. Those do look deelish!