Brunch Puff


I came across this recipe in the cookbook Lone Star Legacy and thought it sounded really good. I was a little nervous about it because I was not only making it for a large family brunch, but making TWO pans of it! Luckily it was absolutely delicious and a big hit. I loved that I could make it the day before the big event so I had one less thing to worry about!

Ingredients:
-16 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, reserve drippings
-2 onions, sliced
-12 slices white bread, quartered
-1/2 lb. cheddar cheese, grated
-8 eggs, beaten
-4 c. milk
-1 1/2 t. salt
-1/4 t. pepper
-1/2 t. dry mustard

Directions:
-Saute onion in bacon drippings until soft.
-Place 1/2 the bread in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle 1/2 of bacon, onions and cheese on bread; repeat these layers.
-Combine eggs, milk and spices; pour over top layer.
-Refrigerate at least 24 hours before cooking.
-Remove from refrigerator one hour before serving. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.

0 comments: