Cilantro Lime Rice

I saw this recipe on Jamie's Cookbook and thought it would be a perfect match for the chicken burritos I had planned for tonight...it was! I didn't follow the recipe exactly, just used it as a guide for what to add to our rice in the rice cooker.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups rice
2 cups chicken broth
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 large lime (juice and zest)
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro

Directions:
In a skillet, melt butter and add rice. Let cook for 1-2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients (except cilantro) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 18-20 minutes. Add cilantro with a few minutes before done. Fluff with fork and serve.

(**I put 3 1/2 cups chicken broth in our rice cooker with 1 c. uncooked white rice and 1/2 c. brown rice. I stirred in 1 t. cumin, 1/2 t. garlic powder, and 2 T. lime juice. When it was done cooking I stirred in 3 heaping T. cilantro.)

0 comments: