Honey Lime Enchiladas

This is another DELICIOUS recipe from My Kitchen Cafe! I think I'll add some onion to the chicken next time around, but the flavor was really amazing (it seemed like an awful lot of honey so I was a little nervous). My corn tortillas fell apart, so I think I'll use a little less enchilada sauce the next time around as well (I couldn't find a 16 oz. can, and used 2-10oz ones), but I'm sure flour ones hold up much better. Definitely a keeper! I LOVED the creamy sauce!!!

Ingredients:
6 T honey
5 T lime juice (1 large lime)
1 T chili powder
1/2 t garlic powder
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded (I used leftovers from my slow cooker chicken)
8-10 flour tortillas (I used 12 corn)
1 pound Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
16 ounces green enchilada sauce
1 cup heavy cream (I used half and half)

Directions:
-Mix the first four ingredients and toss with shredded chicken. Let it marinate for at least 1/2 hour.
-Pour about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9X13 baking pan.
-Fill tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas.
-Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and leftover marinade (I didn't have any extra marinade).
-Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese.
-Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love new enchilada recipes. I was going to do a different enchilada recipe this week, but I think I'll try this one instead since I'll have left over cream from the recipe I'm using it in tomrorow night :)

Melissa said...

I made these tonight and they were SO yummy and definitely a keeper for us, too. I was going to make them with corn tortillas, but they kept falling apart (sometimes buying the cheapest stuff doesn't pay off), so thankfully I had some flour ones on hand. We loved it!