Million Dollar Pie

I don't make a lot of desserts, so here is another stolen recipe from my mom. My dad requests this every year for his birthday and it is DELICIOUS!!! (not to mention it is easily adjusted to be gluten free)

Ingredients:
1 stick butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 8-ounce pkg. cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 quart heavy cream, whipped with 1 cup sugar until stiff
2 (3.4-oz) packages instant chocolate pudding mix (we use 1 box chocolate and 1 box vanilla)
3 cups milk

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass dish, melt butter and stir in four and 1/4 cup of nuts. Bake about 15 - 20 minutes, until firm. Let cool.
First Layer: Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 cup of whipped cream. Layer over cooked nut crust.
Second Layer: Combine instant pudding mix and milk. Layer over first layer.
Third Layer: Combine remaining whipped cream and remaining chopped nuts. Layer over top. (we top ours with shaved chocolate) Keep refrigerated.

My mom even makes me my own (HUGE) gluten-free version without a crust :-)!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

It is so yummy. I'm glad that's his request:)

Janell said...

I JUST found your blog and I have been browsing it for the last half hour...I LOVE IT!!! Thanks for all the GREAT recipes! =]