Italian Sausage and Potato Roast

This recipe was in a recent issue of All You magazine and it looked easy and yummy and not too bad for...especially when you use turkey sausage instead like we did. I love roasted EVERYTHING :-) and this hit the spot!

Ingredients:
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
1/2 sweet onion, sliced
3/4 lb. red potatoes, cut in quarters
1 T olive oil
1/4 t dried oregano
1 t garlic salt
pepper
1 lb. Italian sausage cut into chunks (I used a 14 oz turkey sausage)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and mist with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, toss peppers, onion and potatoes with olive oil, oregano, garlic salt and pepper. Spread vegetables on baking sheet.
Distribute sausage chunks among vegetables. Roast until veggies begin to caramelize and sausages are cooked through, about 30 minutes, stirring once or twice during baking.

5 comments:

Annemarie said...

YUM!! Did you use the kind of turkey sausage that is precooked...like Hillshire Farms or Jenny-o?

Anonymous said...

Mmmm! We're a turkey sausage house too. It's good stuff. Going on my list of meals to make. Thanks!

Marci said...

Yeah, it was precooked but I don't remember what brand. It had two big links in and wasn't a flavor...just turkey.

flyakite said...

Thank you for posting this, I saw this recipe in AllYou magazine and I wanted to make it. Then my husband lost the magazine and I became obsessed with finding it online. Now I can try it tonight, thanks!!

Unknown said...

I've made this recipe about 5 or 6 times since it came out. It's fast and shockingly, everyone in the family loves it. I'm printing the recipe for my neighbor now, for whom I made a plate while she was ill. (And I used turkey polska keilbasa.)