Hawaiin Chicken Bowl

This recipe is from Kill the Gluten and I decided to try it because it looked good most importantly, I love broccoli and it used a crock pot. It was really good, pretty healthy and the ranch was a fun addition I wouldn't have thought of on my own. They mentioned that they have made it with pork too and that it was just as tasty.

Ingredients:
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 3)
1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple (I used lite)
1 bottle (16 oz) [gf] barbecue sauce (I used lite)
4-6 cups rice, cooked (I used 1/2 white and 1/2 brown)
Steamed broccoli
Ranch dressing

Directions:
Place meat in 3 1/2-5 quart slow cooker. Combine pineapple and barbecue sauce and pour over meat. Cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Layer in bowls: rice, chicken, broccoli, and a little ranch dressing. Makes 4-6 servings.

0 comments: