Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup

 
(there is more broth than this, but it's hard to get a picture of all the yummy stuff when it is covered by broth)
I adapted this recipe is from a site I used to visit often but sadly isn't posting new recipes, Kill the Gluten. You can use whatever noodles you like and you could mix it up with any variety of vegetables as well. Leaving the noodles separate has helped make the leftovers stay delcious...and having the leftovers in the fridge has been an easy and healthy lunch to go to. Aaand my kids ate up every bite in their bowls!

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts
6 cups water
6 GF chicken bullion cubes
8 oz. GF noodles (I use penne for pretty much everything because our Walmart has them for cheap)
2 t. minced garlic
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 large carrots, chopped
2 zucchini, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 t. kosher salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 c. parsley, finely chopped

Directions:
Boil chicken with water and bouillon. When chicken is mostly cooked, add all the vegetables and bring to a boil. I added vegetables as I chopped them and did them in order of those that needed more time to cook (garlic/onions, carrots, zucchini and then tomatoes). While this pot was cooking I cooked my noodles in a separate pot (gluten-free noodles fall apart easily, so it may not be necessary to do this with regular ones) When it was time to serve the soup I added noodles to each bowl. I have been storing them separately in different dishes in the fridge and it has worked perfectly!

0 comments: