Tuna Macaroni

Ok, so I know some of you are cringing now (Mike included), but I actually like a tuna casserole every once in awhile...well, once a year, and this is the recipe I use. I must admit though, I made a batch of My Tortilla Soup to take to a friend yesterday as well and it was looking much better than this...it will probably be on our menu for next week :-)!

Ingredients:
-1 can chunk light tuna (I only buy albacore)
-2 c. macaroni, uncooked (I used 1 8 oz box of gluten free penne)
-1 can cream of celery soup (I used 98% FF)
-1 T. instant minced onion
-1 c. mixed veggies, cooked and drained
-1 1/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese (I used 2%)
-1 c. sour cream (I used FF)
-1/2 t. salt
-paprika

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Drain tuna. Cook and drain macaroni.
-In a bowl mix noodles, tuna, soup, onion, veggies, sour cream, salt and 3/4 c. cheese.
-Pour into a greased 2 qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and then paprika.
-Bake uncovered, 30 minutes or until heated through.

1 comments:

Your Best Friend said...

NO reason to cringe! I add tuna to Pasta Roni and my kids LOVE it. It's simple, inexpensive and if they eat it, I'm all for it!