As soon as I saw this recipe on Taste Buds, I knew I would love it! What I didn't realize until I actually began making it tonight is that it has many of the same ingredients as one of our all time favorites, Creamy Lemon Chicken on Rice! It was sure to be hit and it definitely was! A great new take on one of our usuals! AnneMarie's pictures are WAY better by the way!
- 1 1/2 c. rice
- 3 c. water
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed and cooked with salt,pepper,onion powder and garlic powder (I used a can and simmered it with the seasonings for a little while)
- 1/2 c. plain yogurt (or FF sour cream)
- 1/2 c. light mayonnaise
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (fat free)
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
-salt and pepper to taste
-3/4 cup corn flakes, crushed
-1 T. melted butter
- Add water and rice to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Put a lid on it and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Mix yogurt, mayo, chicken soup, lemon juice, and salt and pepper until creamy and smooth. Add chicken and rice and mix well.
- Scoop into individual ramekins or a baking pan and top with crushed corn flakes and drizzle with butter.
-Put into a 350 degree oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.