Szechuan Chicken

I LOVED this chicken from Favorites!!! I know when I'm excited to eat the leftovers the next day for lunch, that I really loved a meal...and I couldn't wait for these ones! I served it with Jasmine rice and our trusty zucchini method. Awesome meal!!!

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken
1/4 cup cornstarch
1-2 Tbsp oil (I used 1 T Canola, 1 T Sesame oil))
1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
3-5 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1-2 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar (I only had red wine vinegar on hand and used that)
1 Tbsp Sugar
1/4 cup water
3 diced green onions
dash of cayenne pepper

Directions:
Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes and lightly coat with corn starch (I do this by putting the chicken in a ziploc bag with the cornstarch and mixing it all around until it's covered). Heat oil in a frying pan and add minced garlic. Add chicken and fry until all sides are white. Add soy sauce, vinegar and sprinkle with sugar. Add the water--more or less depending on how strong of a flavor you want and how runny you want the sauce. Add diced green onions and cayenne pepper. You can make it as spicy as you want. Serve with rice.

3 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I love stir fries, this sounds great! Thanks for the quick and delicious meal idea :)

Shari said...

Yum! This sounds & looks great!

Joseph Dewey said...

Excellent recipe, I referenced it by a link on my blog, http://semioriginalthought.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-really-wanted-really-good-real.html