Shredded Lime Chicken Tacos

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I was looking for a good shredded chicken recipe to make so we had another taco option for Ella's birthday. I found this marinade on All Recipes, changed a couple ingredients and threw it in the crock pot instead of of dicing and cooking the chicken. I was a little nervous serving a brand new recipe for a party, but luckily this chicken was great! I froze some of the leftovers and plan to use it in enchiladas or tortilla soup in the future...can't wait!!!

Ingredients:
* 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed
* 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
* 1/2 lime, juiced
* 1 teaspoon white sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
* 1/2 white onion, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced

Directions:
Mix together vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, onion, garlic and cilantro. Put in crock pot with chicken and cook on low 6 hours. Shred chicken apart with forks and serve in tacos with toppings of choice!

3 comments:

the Holyoaks said...

These sound delicious! And I love that you did them in the Crockpot--I'm all about slow cooking these days. I can't wait to try them! Oh, and last night we tried your Grandma's Eggs recipe and loved it! Even Audrey ate every bite of hers and she has lately been refusing to try anything new.

Melissa said...

We made this tonight and LOVED it! Jason and the kids all said it's a "keeper" and we had NO leftovers....

christyd said...

Oh! I will have to make these. YUM!