Vegetable Soup

This recipe comes from The Occasional Vegetarian and was SOOO much better than the last vegetable soup I tried. I really loved the cabbage in it! Thanks Michelle :-)!

Ingredients:
2-3 T olive oil
1 small yellow or white onion
2 carrots sliced
2-3 minced garlic cloves
6 c vegetable broth
2 c cabbage chopped
2 c green beans cut into bite sized pieces
(I added one diced potato)
2 T tomato paste
1/2 t oregano
fresh ground pepper

Directions:
Heat oil over med-high heat. Cook onions and carrots until onions are tender Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
Delicious served with french bread.

2 comments:

Your Best Friend said...

This one sounds really yummy. I'll probably add some chicken to it.

What made you change up your blog?

michele cabiness said...

Yay! I'm glad you liked it! I feel almost famous being featured on your popular blog:)!!