Cheesy Hash Brown Chili

I love chili, I love hashbrowns, AND I love cheese so I knew we couldn't go wrong with this Rachael Ray recipe! It's pretty much chili in a casserole format, with yummy cheesy potatoes on top...YUM!

Ingredients:
-2 T olive oil
-1 onion chopped (I only used 1/2)
-2 T chili powder
-2 t. ground cumin
-1/4 c. tomato paste
-1 lb. ground beef (I used 1/2 lb. ground turkey)
-salt and pepper
-1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, rinsed
-1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
-1 lb. bag frozen shredded hash browns
-1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
-In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over med heat. Add the onion, chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring, until onion is soft, about 5 min.
-Stir in the tomato paste. Add the beef and cook, breaking up the meat, for 5 min; season w/salt and pepper.
-Add the beans and the tomatoes with their juice and bring to a boil.
-Lower heat, partially cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Transfer to an 8x11 dish (I used 8x8).
-Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees.
-In a large bowl, combine the potatoes and cheese. Scatter the potato mixture over the chili.
-Place in oven and bake until potatoes are cooked through and chili is bubbling, about 35 min.

0 comments: