Rice and Lentil Pilaf

Yum! I have definitely been converted into a lentil eater (remember the Lentil Curry)! I found this recipe through Swanson's website and it easy, healthy and tasty (I did add a little garlic salt and lots of pepper to ours)!

INGREDIENTS:
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup sliced celery
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 3/4 cups Vegetable Broth (1 can)
1/2 cup dried lentils, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
2 medium Italian plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley


DIRECTIONS:
HEAT oil in skillet. Add carrots, celery, onion and garlic and cook until tender.
ADD broth, lentils and rice. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 20 min. or until done. Stir in tomatoes and parsley

2 comments:

Kim said...

I think my favorite thing about your blog is how you take every dish you make outside in order to take a picture of it. I wouldn't believe you made it unless I saw your grass in the background.

And thank you for posting this lentil recipe! I bought a bag of lentils on a whim and haven't done a thing with them yet. Watch out kitchen, here I come!

Allie said...

You inspired me yet again to try something new. I made this this week and was quite worried to see what J would think because it was out of the ordinary of what I usually make. He loved it, because it reminded him of a dish on his mission in Argentina. I've never cooked with lentils and after this dish I think I'll use them more often. Even Jace at them, although not a lot.