* 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
* 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
* 1 medium red onion, thinly vertically sliced
* 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into thin strips (I used chicken breasts)
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* Cooking spray
* 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
* 1 cup diced peeled avocado (about 1 avocado)
* 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Cotija cheese (I couldn't find and used queso fresco instead)
* Lime wedges (optional)
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Place onion in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; drain and plunge onion in ice water. Drain onion; add to juice mixture. Chill until ready to serve.
2. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Sprinkle chicken with oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned and done, stirring occasionally.
3. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide chicken evenly among tortillas. Drain onion; divide evenly among tortillas. Top each tortilla with 2 tablespoons avocado and 1 tablespoon cheese; fold over. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Serving Size: 2 tacos * Calories: 413 * Fat: 17.1g * Saturated fat: 5.2g * Monounsaturated fat: 7.1g * Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g * Protein: 33.4g * Carbohydrate: 33.6g * Fiber: 4.9g * Cholesterol: 123mg * Iron: 3.2mg * Sodium: 825mg * Calcium: 237mg
For Spicy Black Beans:
1. Remove 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from 1 can chiptole chiles in adobo sauce; reserve remaining chiles and sauce for another use.
2. Combine 1 teaspoon adobo sauce; 1/4 c low-sodium chicken broth and 1 (15 oz) can drained black beans in saucepan; bring to a boil.
3. Mash bean mixture. Sprinkle with 1 T chopped fresh cilantro.