Crock Pot Chicken, Black Beans and Cream Cheese

I was going for easy meals this week and it doesn't get easier than this. It was simple, cheap to make and really tasty...especially with sliced avacado on top. I made this DELISH cilantro rice to go with it and it was great! (thanks to Cassie Craves for the recipe)

Ingredients:
2 large boneless chicken breasts, cut in half (I just put them in whole)
1 15 1/2-ounce can black beans, drained
1 15-ounce can corn, drained
1 15-ounce jar salsa, any kind (I used medium)
1 8-ounce package cream cheese (I used 1/3 fat)

Directions:
1. Add chicken breasts to Crock pot.
2. Add black beans, salsa, and corn.
3. Cook on Low 6 to 8 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
4. Add cream cheese and cook for 30 more minutes. Stir to combine.

6 comments:

ArtzeeChris said...

Looks super yummy! Especially with the cilantro rice! I think I want to give this one a try this weekend! Thanks so much for posting all these great recipes!

Kathy said...

I wonder if you can throw the chicken in there frozen? I don't see why not?!?! Looks yummy...

Cassie said...

I'm so glad you liked this! It's one of our favorites. I never thought of topping it with avocado, though; I love that idea!

Melissa said...

Wish I would have seen it before I made our black bean/chicken burritos this week! The cream cheese would have been a nice addition. I'll have to add this one to our "list"

Nicole-Lynn said...

Yum! Looks so good!

I made a similar recipe today, and accidentily put the cream cheese in with everything else. Is that ok? Will it come out tasting weird?

seasidesmitten@aol.com

Marci said...

I bet it will be fine. I have another crock pot meal with cream cheese in it that I love and you put it in at the beginning of that one without any problems!