Asparagus in Wine

I started browsing through some of my mom's cookbooks the other day and brought home Lone Star Legacy because there were many, many recipes that sounded good enough to try out. I had some asparagus and when I saw this recipe it looked quick and easy and it ended up being really tasty too! Asparagus is one of my new favorite things! There will definitely be more recipes from this book in the future!

Ingredients:
-1 lb. fresh asparagus
-1 T. olive oil
-1/4 c. dry white wine
-1/4 t. salt
-garlic powder to taste (I used lots)
-juice of 1/2 lemon

Directions:
-Break off tough ends of asparaguss and wash. Slice large stalks in half.
-Slowly heat olive oil over low-medium heat; add asparagus. Add wine immediately.
-Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Simmer until tender, approximately 10 min.
-Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over asparagus just before serving.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, that sounds yummy! I love looking through cookbooks :)