24 Hour Salad

My mom has made this salad for our Christmas Eve dinner ever since I can remember! The first Christmas Mike and I had together I made it for the two of us, not a good idea. It makes a lot and it doesn't save longer than a day, but it was delicious!

Ingredients:
6 Cups lettuce chopped
Sugar, Salt, Pepper
6 Hard Boiled Eggs, sliced
1 10 oz. pkg. Frozen Peas thawed
1 lb. Bacon , cooked and crumbled
1/4 C. sliced green onions
2 Cups( 8 oz.) shredded Swiss Cheese
1 cup Mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream

Directions:
In a large salad bowl, place 3 cups lettuce. Sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper. Layer in order the eggs, peas, bacon, remaining 3 cups lettuce, green onions and cheese. Combine mayonnaise and sour cream, spread over top of salad. Cover, refrigerate 24 hrs. Toss before serving.

3 comments:

Kelley said...

And before I made it Grandma always made it. I don't know where the recipe came from. Seriously, I think I might half it next year. It makes so much and really isn't great after the second day.

Kathy said...

Wow, I this looks yummy! We just went to a potluck at our church today and had to bring a side item. I really wished I had found your blog beforehand!!!

I live in Tomball - so I'm not too far from you. Without giving out the name - Your girls don't go to a very popular pre-school in Copperfield, do they? All four of my kiddos have gone there and we love it! Your girls' names sound so familiar, which is why I asked.

I absolutely love your blog!!! I've already bookmarked two of your enchilada recipes!!! Must be a Texan thing!!! lol...

Marci said...

I'm glad you like the blog! My oldest goes to a small preschool in Katy, so it must be someone else :-)!