Mexican Chicken with Jalapeno Popper Sauce

This recipe originally comes from Mommie Cooks, but I saw a link to it on Cassie Craves. This sauce is sooo good, I LOVED it! I would eat anything with it...seriously. So, try it, you won't regret it :-)!!!

Ingredients:
3 Chicken Breasts
A Sprinkle of Cumin per Breast
A Sprinkle of Chili Powder per Breast
A Sprinkle of Salt per Breast
2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
3 Jalapenos, Seeded and Chopped
8 Oz. of Cream Cheese
2 Cups of Chicken Broth
3 Slices of Bacon
3/4 Cup of Shredded Cheddar or Colby Jack
1 Tbsp of Fresh Cilantro, chopped + more for garnish

Directions:
Fry bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towel-lined plate.
Sprinkle chicken with seasonings while the bacon crisps. Add the chicken to the hot bacon fat in the skillet. Cook chicken, turning every few minutes, until juices run clear and no longer pink. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
Add chopped jalapenos to the skillet and cook for a couple of minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds to a minute more, until fragrant.
Add chicken broth, deglazing pan. Bring to a boil.
Add cream cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Add in shredded cheese and bacon, stirring until the cheese in melted. Turn off heat and stir in cilantro.
Serve chicken on a bed of Mexican or Taco rice (I made cilantro lime rice) and topped with sauce. Garnish with additional cilantro if desired.

4 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

this sounds so so SO good!! Cheese, bacon, jalapeno, really do you need a better reason to love this? I think not :) bookmarking, my husband will love me for making this for him :)

Cassie said...

I know, that SAUCE. I'm in love.

Kirsten said...

Yuuummm! As soon as I am no longer at my parents house where there is a "spicy" food ban, I'm definitely making this!

Unknown said...

I made this last night and it was so good! I'm a wimp with spicyness and this wasen't spicy at all, so next time I'll add more chili powder or some hot sauce or something. I served it with quesadillas!