Southwest Chicken Lasagna

I found this recipe on Taste Buds, a recipe blog by Anne Marie, who actually used to babysit me when I was little :-). Gotta love blogging and making connections with people again! She has lots of yummy desserts posted too, which are not my specialty, so check it out! This one is quick, easy, and tasty.

(I cut this recipe in half)
Ingredients:
-2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast; cooked & cut in 1 in. pieces (I used a can of chicken)
-30 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
-3 cup fat-free sour cream
-2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
-4 oz chopped green chilies
-2 tsp ground cumin
-1/2 tsp black pepper
-12 medium corn tortilla(s), cut into 2-inch strips (I did use 8 tortillas, but everything else cut right in half)
salsa, or taco sauce

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a lasagna pan with cooking spray.
-Place chicken in a large bowl and add beans, sour cream, 1 cup of shredded cheese, chilis, cumin, and pepper; mix well and set aside.
-Arrange half of tortillas in bottom of prepared lasagna pan, overlapping pieces to cover surface. Top tortillas with half of chicken mixture, layer with remaining tortillas and then top with remaining chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese.
-Bake until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa on the side.

1 comments:

Annemarie said...

I'm glad you liked it!