Spiced Pumpkin Seeds

I took the beginnings of this recipe from one I found on All Recipes and went from there. My pumpkin seeds always tend to get overdone. I only had them in about 40 minutes and some of them were still a little burned. I put them on a baking sheet though I just realized so maybe that was the problem. The flavors in this are great - just watch them closely while they bake!

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon seasoned sale
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
(optional: 1/4 t. chili powder)

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
-Combine the butter, salts, garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce and pumpkin seeds. Mix thoroughly and place in shallow baking dish.
-Bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.

3 comments:

Annemarie said...

Mmmmm!! I'll be making these this week!! Too bad we have to fish through pumpkin goo to get this result!

Kelley said...

That is very similar to the recipe I've used for years. Worth all the trouble, don't ya think!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to make these tomorrow, we are also going to make the yummy Shephard's Pie in celebration of the cooler weather we have been having! Thanks for the great recipes! I love checking your site for new ideas.