Skinnytaste bookmarked to try for awhile and knew it was perfect for my first meal back in the kitchen since our trip. My two youngest had a fun time helping me make them and actually ate their helpings! I think it definitely gets them more excited to try things when they were a part of the creation. They were a big hit with the whole family. I just had a leftover one for lunch today and was reminded how yummy they were. Plus, I always think stuffed chicken looks so fancy :-)!
* 2 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
* 3 jalapeños, chopped (remove seeds for milder...I removed all and they were SUPER mild)
* 3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
* 4 oz reduced fat shredded cheddar/jack (I used 2% Mexi blend)
* 2 tbsp chopped scallions
* 8 thin sliced skinless chicken breast cutlets, 3 oz each (I used 4 breasts, pounded to thin)
* 1/2 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs (I used GF Italian crumbs)
* 1 1/2 juicy limes, juice of
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* salt and fresh pepper
* olive oil non-stick spray
Wash and dry chicken cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
Combine cream cheese, cheddar, scallions, jalapeño and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl.
Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from oozing out.
Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray.
Bake 22-25 minutes, serve immediately.
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 stuffed breasts • Calories: 371 • Fat: 17.5 g • Protein: 42.7 g • Carb: 11 g • Fiber: 1.5 g • Sugar: 0.6 g Sodium: 355.8 mg (without salt)