Harvest Salad

This was my other contribution to our Labor Day BBQ. I loved the combination of flavors from the ingredients...nothing like a good green salad! (and it's from All Recipes)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 bunch spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons red raspberry jam (with seeds)
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/3 cup walnut oil freshly ground (I used olive oil)
black pepper to taste
salt to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Arrange walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in oven for 5 minutes, or until nuts begin to brown.
In a large bowl, toss together the spinach, walnuts, cranberries, blue cheese, tomatoes, avocado, and red onion.
In a small bowl, whisk together jam, vinegar, walnut oil, pepper, and salt. Pour over the salad just before serving, and toss to coat.

2 comments:

Shari said...

Yum! Some of my favorite ingredients all wrapped up into a salad. I will definitely have to try this one out. :)

Unknown said...

Yummy! I linked to this in my Friday Favorites...

http://www.laniejandco.com/2010/09/friday-favorites-91610.html