Zucchini Noodles

zucchini noodles
We just got back from a fabulous spring break trip to Florida. One not so fabulous thing that happened on the trip however was that my laptop disappeared, and with it lots of the pictures I hadn't edited yet. The week before we left I made some yummy cheese stuffed meatballs and zucchini noodles to go with them, but I don't have the pictures anymore. I found this picture here and it this is very much what mine looked like. Hopefully I'll get the meatball recipe up tomorrow, they were SUPER yummy!

For zucchini noodles all you need is zucchini, olive oil and some salt and pepper.
I used my potato peeler to thinly slice the zucchini and left my strips wide (you can cut them in half to make them thinner). Heat them in some olive oil and you're done.

I have been seeing these pop up on all kinds of blogs recently and was pleasantly surprised at the mild flavor and the pasta-like consistency. Plus, they cook in minutes, way faster than real pasta!

0 comments: