* 1 cup masa harina
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
* 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
* 1 cup boiling water
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 8 ounces ground sirloin (I used ground turkey)
* 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 poblano chile, seeded and chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 8 ounces tomatillos (about 8 small), chopped
* 1 cup frozen baby lima beans
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled queso fresco (just used sour cream)
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
* 4 lime wedges
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Combine the masa harina, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and ground red pepper, stirring well with a whisk. Add 1 cup boiling water to masa mixture, and stir until a soft dough forms. Cover until ready to use.
3. Heat a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add beef to pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add onion, garlic, poblano chile, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring frequently. Add tomatillos and lima beans to pan, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Add butter and baking powder to masa mixture, stirring until smooth. Dollop batter over filling, and spread into an even layer. Cover pan with foil; bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned around edges. Remove from oven; let stand 3 minutes. Sprinkle with crumbled queso fresco and cilantro; serve with lime wedges.
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups * Calories: 378 * Fat: 15.2g * Saturated fat: 6.2g * Protein: 20.5g * Carbohydrate: 43.4g * Fiber: 8.6g * Cholesterol: 50mg * Iron: 5mg * Sodium: 643mg * Calcium: 154mg