* 1-1/4 pound Ground Beef
* 1/2 whole Onion, Diced Very Finely
* 1 whole Egg
* 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
* 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
* Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
* 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper, More To Taste
* 1/4 cup All-purpose Flour
* Canola Oil, For Frying
* 2 whole Green Bell Peppers, Seeded And Diced Roughly
* 1-1/2 cup Fresh Pineapple Chunks (ended up being 1/2 my pineapple)
* 2 cups Beef Stock Or Broth
* 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
* 1/2 cup Sherry Wine Vinegar
* 1/3 cup Sugar
* 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
* Salt To Taste
* Crushed Red Pepper, To Taste
* Extra Beef Stock If Needed
Combine ground beef, diced onion, egg, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, and crushed red pepper. Mix with hands until combined. Roll meat mixture into small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Freeze on the pan for 15 minutes to firm.
Mix together beef stock, soy sauce, sherry (or vinegar), sugar, and cornstarch.
Heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Roll meatballs in flour, then fry in two batches until nice and brown, about two minutes per batch. Remove meatballs and set aside on a separate plate.
Pour off oil from pan and return pan to medium high heat. When pan is hot, throw in the chopped green peppers and cook for one minute. Add pineapple to pan and cook for one minute, stirring gently. Pour in stock/soy sauce mixture, then add meatballs. Stir gently to combine and allow to cook and bubble for a few minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Add salt and crushed red peppers to taste. (Hint: this dish is yummy if it's a little spicy.)
Serve over cooked brown or white rice.