I love potatoes and I love potato salad...especially when I don't have to feel quite so guilty eating it :-). This recipe was submitted to Taste of Home and I really liked it. I didn't grill the potatoes though, I just put them on our roasting pan in the oven at 450 degrees for about 10 min and then broiled them a little to brown them. It was delicious! Next time I'll put a little less dressing on them.
* 2-1/2 pounds small red potatoes
* 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
* 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
* 1 teaspoon salt, divided
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
* 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1/4 cup minced fresh tarragon
* Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Drain; cool slightly. Cut each in half.
* In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, 1/4 cup oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Arrange cut sides down on a grilling grid; place on a grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, turning occasionally. Chop onion. Place onion and potatoes in bowl.
* In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, garlic and remaining oil, salt and pepper. Add to potato mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with tarragon. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
Editor's Note: If you do not have a grilling grid, use a disposable foil pan. Poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a meat fork to allow any liquid to drain.