Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas

Sorry no picture, but it was late by the time I dished myself up a plate (and they weren't super pretty anyway :-).
This recipe is from the Southern Living Slow-Cooker Cook Book and they were pretty tasty! Not to mention it was nice to throw it together in the morning and then not have to worry about anything for awhile!

Ingredients:
3 cups chopped cooked chicken (I used 1 can chicken)
3 cups shredded Pepper Jack Cheese, divided (I used 2%)
1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chiles
1 1/2 c sour cream, divided (I used light)
1/3 c chopped fresh cilantro
8 flour tortillas (I used about 10 corn)
1 (8 oz) bottle green taco sauce (I used red because that is what I found)
toppings: chopped tomato, avocado, sliced green onions, cilantro, etc.

Directions:
*Stir together chicken, 2 cups of cheese, green chiles, 1/2 c sour cream and cilantro. Spoon chicken mixture into tortillas and roll up. Arrange, seam side down, in lightly greased 6-quart slow cooker, stacking tortillas if needed (I did have to stack a few).
*Stir together remaining 1 cup sour cream and taco sauce; spoon over enchiladas. Cover and cook on Low 4 1/2-5 hours.
*Remove lid, and sprinkle enchiladas with last 1 cup cheese. Cover and cook on Low 15 more minutes or until cheese melts.

0 comments: