Stuffed Chicken

stuffed chicken
This is basically a gluten-free version of chicken cordon bleu that I found on Kill the Gluten. It was easy, pretty healthy, and really tasty...loved by every single member of the family!!! We ate the chicken with wild rice, salad and Brazilian Cheese Rolls (gluten-free too, and sooo good!!!).

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts, sliced open on the side
3 eggs, beaten (I just used 2)
deli ham slices
swiss cheese slices (I used 2% Kraft slices)
pepper
salt
Italian seasoning
GF bread crumbs, optional (I did not use)

Directions:
Slice the chicken lengthways to make a pocket for stuffing. Fill with deli ham and cheese. Dip stuffed breasts into beaten eggs, then dip in GF bread crumbs if available and place in baking pan (I put a little water at the bottom to avoid sticking). Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. During the last 10 minutes I like to put more swiss cheese on top

0 comments: