This is a Rachael Ray recipe and I really liked it! The rest of the family had mixed feeling about it...Mike wanted less beans, the kids liked the beans the best, but everyone liked the bacon :-). I think it could use even more spinach! It was super filling and pretty good for you if you use turkey bacon and add the extra spinach!
* 8 slices bacon (I used turkey bacon)
* 1 pound baby red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1/3 -inch cubes
* 1/2 onion, chopped
* Two 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* Salt and pepper
* 2 cups packed baby spinach (I used 3 cups)
* 2 scallions, thinly sliced
* 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used reduced fat)
1. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat, turning halfway through, until just crisp, 8 to 10 minutes; drain on a paper towel- lined plate. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease from the skillet.
2. Return the skillet to medium-high heat, add the potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the beans, chicken broth and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Simmer until the liquid is almost absorbed, about 7 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, about 1 minute. Crumble the bacon on top and sprinkle with the scallions and parmesan.