Potato Cheese Soup

It's a terrible picture, but this soup was really good and hit the spot during our miserable cold weather spell. I found the recipe on Favorites and was excited to try it out. I blended the soup to be creamy to help our picky kids like it more but I really missed the chunks of potatoes, so next time we're doing it my way :-)!

Ingredients:
5 cups diced potatoes
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cups water
3/4 cup butter (I used a little less than 1/2 c)
3/4 cup flour (I used 1/2 c)
3 cubes chicken bouillon
4 cups milk (I used 3 c)
2 cups grated cheddar cheese

Directions:
In large pot boil potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, and water. Boil about 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are soft. DO NOT DRAIN.
In a separate large pot, melt butter, flour, chicken bouillon, milk, and cheese. Stir this mixture with a whisk the whole time it is cooking to keep it from getting lumpy or burned. Cook at medium heat to thicken. Add to other pot with potatoes and vegetables. Cook 10 more minutes.

1 comments:

Shelly! said...

So curious - what flour did you use for this?