Five-Spice Coconut Chicken

Back to healthy eating again after a weekend of indulgence :-). This is a Rachael Ray recipe and it was really good. I cut up my chicken and peas and tossed it together as more of a stir fry. It was light, but still flavorful.

Ingredients:
* 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut milk (I used light)
* 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon honey
* 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lime juice
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
* 2-1/2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder (I used an Asian spice mix I had on hand)
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 8 boneless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds total), pounded flat (I used 2 large chicken breasts)
* 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
* Cooked white rice, for serving (I used Basmati rice and used the rest of my coconut milk in it...sooo yummy!)

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon coconut milk, 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon lime juice. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining 1/3 cup coconut milk, 2 tablespoons honey and 1 tablespoon lime juice with the soy sauce, garlic, five-spice powder and salt. Add the chicken thighs, coating well. Marinate for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the sugar snap peas and cook for 1 minute; drain. Transfer to a medium bowl and toss with the reserved coconut-honey dressing.
4. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium. Grill the chicken thighs for about 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Serve with the sugar snap peas and rice.

0 comments: